Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Call to Ministry

The call to Ministry  

Lindsey:
“When I made the decision at 19 years old, to give God control of the plans for my life  I had no idea how rewarding that one choice would be. God began to change my heart for people, suddenly my own needs were less important and the needs of others were more of a priority. I joined YWAM’s mission school, where I did my first overseas mission trip. Never in my whole life had I felt more fulfilled than when I was praying for people and telling them about Jesus, half way across the world. I felt God was releasing me to give up the expectation of a full-time career and degree and to view full time missions as my career.”

Jeremy:

“At 18 years old I found myself in China on my face crying out to God.... “am I called to full time ministry?” It had been 5 weeks into my DTS outreach and nothing was happening. In my desperation, I asked the Lord to use me to lead three people to Jesus that night as a sign I was called to full time ministry! I promised God I would serve Him as a full time evangelist the rest of my life if three people repented and accepted Jesus. I preached the gospel to a crowd outside a university and, guess what? Three people accepted Jesus into their lives that night! This inspired me to continue with ministry and for the following 9 years I was blessed to minister in over 20 nations with YWAM and also be a part of several different ministries here in California.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment